FCT is pleased to say that shortly after our launch event at White Oaks Conference Centre we had our first Certified Resale Homes from RE/MAX Niagara!
Andrew Muraco had a client who knew very little about the true condition of the home, save that the home was no ‘spring chicken’. They knew there likely would be potential issues and they were ready to sell. He chose to add Certified Resale Home to the home – a complete pre-listing home inspection combined with an 18-month warranty with coverage up to a maximum of $20,000 coverage, fully transferable from the seller to the buyer on closing!
The home inspection was carried out by David Furry of AmeriSpec Inspection Services on a typical winter day in February. Here is a quick rundown of the core items subject to Certified Resale Home coverage:
- The roof at the time of inspection was covered in snow, therefore David could not assess its condition – FULL COVERAGE
- There were dry water stains in the attic but no active leaks at the time of inspection – FULL COVERAGE
- The air conditioner could not be tested because to do so would damage it – FULL COVERAGE
- The foundation was partially obstructed because part of the basement was finished. There were no active signs of distress or leaks – FULL COVERAGE
- The furnace was older than 15 years – NO COVERAGE for this item but the cost of the CRH went from $649 to $609 plus HST (exclusions reduce the cost).
Andrew’s seller intends to list in May, which provides sufficient time to remedy issues identified in the home inspection before it is put on the market for sale. In doing so, the seller has the comfort of knowing that there is coverage available on some ‘big ticket’ items and that it will transfer to the buyer on closing.
The CRH provides full transparency to interested buyers. The fears of having a potential offer fall through because of the home inspection and what is found can be quickly reduced knowing all issues are out in the open and there is a warranty to cover off the major home inspection ‘blind spots’. This makes for a better customer experience all around.
Take advantage of this RE/MAX Niagara exclusive arrangement until July 31, 2016 now.
Certified Resale Home, don’t sell a home without it! Find out more.